This low-calorie Brownie Batter Chocolate Smoothie Recipe tastes more like a dessert than a protein-packed, nutrient-rich pick-me-up! Eat it after a tough workout to jumpstart the repair of your muscles or enjoy it as a yummy chocolatey snack before dinner!
A Healthy Brownie Batter Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
While I am trying to eat healthier and feed my body what it needs, I can’t resist my sweet tooth. As I am working out more and trying to make sure I am getting all of the nutrients that I need, I am looking for low calorie, nutrient packed recipes that also taste like I am having the desserts that I love.
Smoothies are a great way to get in extra vitamins disguised as the sweets I love. This Brownie Batter Chocolate Smoothie is a protein shake that tastes like a brownie batter shake. Who isn’t going to love that?
Variations to this Brownie Batter Smoothie
This chocolate smoothie recipe is great for anyone who wants to eat better but can’t stand the idea of giving up your favorite treats. I have a weakness for brownies. I mean they are chocolate and sweet and gooey and Oh just so good. That is why I love this brownie batter smoothie. It is easily customizable to taste like whatever your favorite brownie is.
- Love mint? Add mint extract to create a mint brownie batter
- Love Peanut butter brownies? Add PB2 or other peanut butter powder
- Want a Strawberry Brownie? Add strawberries to the batter
- Chocolate Chips? You can even add a small number of chocolate chips to this smoothie in order to give you the taste of chocolate chip brownies.
Why is this Smoothie so High in Weight Watchers Points
Even though the ingredients in this chocolate smoothie are low in points with many of them being 0 points normally, as soon as you blend it together, these ingredients go up in points. It is because your body processes drink and liquids differently than it does food you have to chew. When you do not chew your food, your body does not feel as satisfied and you are more likely to want more food sooner than if you have eaten these foods without being blended.
Ingredients in Brownie Batter Chocolate Smoothie
- chocolate protein powder
- cocoa powder
- almond milk
- plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- instant Espresso Powder
How to Make Brownie Batter Chocolate Smoothie
Blend all of the ingredients together in the blender until smooth.
Want More Smoothie Recipes?
Smoothies are great for an easy breakfast, a late afternoon snack or a post workout pick me up. Here are some of my other favorite smoothie recipes that I am sure you will love.
Brownie Batter Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 banana frozen
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- *If using fresh fruit instead of frozen add 1 cup of ice cubes. Adjust ice or liquid accordingly for desired consistency.
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender until smooth.