Looking for a delicious baked chicken recipe? These Honey Mustard Pretzel Baked Chicken Strips are a tasty recipe that the whole family will love.
Easy Honey Mustard Pretzel Baked Chicken Strips Recipe
This combo is amazing and it’s so easy to put together—you can get this ready in less than a half hour! It’s a totally fun, kid-friendly recipe and I love that it’s only 271 calories. Delicious, easy, and fun… dinner can’t get much better than that!
How to Make a Crispy Baked Chicken Strips Recipe
When you are making a crispy baked chicken strips recipe, it is easy to make but you will want to do a few things to make it. One of the best ways to make crispy chicken strips is to use something to coat the chicken. While there are a lot of options, in this recipe I like to use pretzels as the crunchy coating.
Another idea is to cut the chicken into smaller pieces so that they cook faster and evenly.
How to Make Sauce for Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken
If you want to make this honey mustard chicken sauce, but do not want to buy honey mustard you can make your own. Make this hiney mustard sauce by combining:
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons yellow or dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
This recipe gives you a little more flexibility when it comes to the flavor of the sauce.
What to Serve with Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
I love these baked honey mustard chicken. It is easy to pair side dishes with such a family favorite. Some of my favorite ideas are:
- Chipotle Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream
- Oven Roasted Zucchini Chips
- Balsamic Orange Crispy Brussel Sprouts Recipe
- Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese Recipe with Bacon
- Easy & Healthy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
Ingredients for Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- whole wheat flour
- black pepper
- honey mustard
- panko breadcrumbs
- salted pretzel sticks
How to Make Honey Mustard Chicken Strips Recipe
Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup honey mustard
- 2 egg whites beaten
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup salted pretzels small sticks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Place the chicken in between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound the chicken breasts out into 4 thin pieces with a meat mallet.
- On a rimmed plate or shallow dish, stir the flour, salt, and black pepper together. In another shallow dish, combine the honey mustard and beaten egg whites.
- In a food processor, pulse the pretzels a few times, until they are a coarse bread crumb consistency. Transfer them to another rimmed plate and mix with the panko crumbs.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off the excess. Then, dip them in the egg/mustard mixture and allow the excess to drip off before coating the chicken in the panko/pretzel mixture.
- Place the coated chicken on the set-aside baking sheet and bake for 16-20 minutes.